Thursday, June 26, 2008

Obama gives out clues on choice of running mate

WASHINGTON, June 25 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on Wednesday gave out some clues about the qualities he would seek in his running mate for the upcoming elections.

"I want somebody who can be a good president if anything happened to me," Obama told a news conference in Chicago, Illinois.

"I want somebody who can be a good adviser and counsel to me and tell me where he or she thinks I'm wrong, not just on national security policy but on domestic policy as well."

Speculation has been on for a long time about who will share the ticket with the Illinois senator. Both before and after he established a vice presidential vetting team, more than 20 names have been put on the table including his former rivals in the party nomination race -- Hillary Clinton, John Edwards and Bill Richardson.

No comments: