Thursday, October 16, 2008

DJ AM: 'I Jumped Through a Fireball'

After surviving a plane crash that severely injured Travis Barker and killed four others, an emotional DJ AM tells PEOPLE: "I'm the luckiest man alive."

In his first interview since the Learjet crashed during takeoff at a Columbia, S.C., airport, DJ AM – real name Adam Goldstein – recounts the terrifying scene, with "fire everywhere."

After his pal, former blink-182 drummer Barker, flung open the emergency exit door, Goldstein recalls, "I tried to cover my face as I jumped through a fireball. As soon as I hit the ground, I remembered, 'Stop, drop and roll.' So I started rolling."

Recovering from the final of three surgeries Goldstein, 35, has undergone procedures to treat his second- and third-degree burns. He says he's coping one day at a time.

1 comment:

NAVAL LANGA said...

To Ms. Deryl Loretty

I have just visited your blog, read some of the posts, and would love to revisit, as I liked the way in which you arrange the stock of the words in a readable lot.

If you are interested in reading the summary of news and events at HOLLYWOOD and BOLLYWOOD (India), a visit to my blog would be a good idea. You would get the value for your time spent in reading and looking at the same.

Naval Langa