Monday, October 26, 2009

Tory list of infrastructure spending in Ontario

OTTAWA — Federal contributions to Ontario projects under the major infrastructure component of Building Canada and date of announcement, from a chart compiled by the Conservative government:

Conservative ridings

Cambridge Performing Arts Complex, Cambridge, Ont.: $6 million, Feb. 1, 2008.

Burlington Performing Arts Centre, Burlington, Ont.: $1.5 million, March 17, 2008.

Niagara Centre for the Arts, St. Catharines, Ont.: $18 million, May 22, 2009.

Strandherd Bridge, Ottawa: $23.4 million, June 5, 2009.

Cornwall Wastewater Treatment, Cornwall, Ont.: $18.5 million, June 19, 2009.

Highway 17 twinning, Kenora, Ont.: $50 million, May 15, 2009.

Owen Sound Primary Sewage Upgrade, Owen Sound, Ont.: $15 million, June 12, 2009.

Halton Region Wastewater Treatment, Halton Region Conservation Authority: $51.5 million, June 15, 2009.

South Dundas (Iroquois) Primary Sewage Upgrades, Township of South Dundas: $9 million, June 24, 2009.

Duffin Creek Water Pollution Control Plant, Regional Municipality of Durham: $46.67 million, Aug. 4, 2009.

Eastern Ontario Regional Broadband Network, Eastern Ontario: $55 million, July 30, 2009.

Event and Training Centre, Clarence-Rockland, Ont.: $6.8 million, July 7, 2009.

Highway 8 Enhancement, Waterloo, Ont.: $35 million, June 15, 2009.

Huron-Elgin London Project Clean Water, southwestern Ontario: $24.99 million, or 50 per cent assigned to Tory ridings, with the other 50 per cent assigned to opposition, Oct. 15, 2007.

GO Transit Package, Greater Toronto Area: $75 million, or 30 per cent assigned to Tory ridings, with the other 70 per cent assigned to opposition, Feb. 17, 2009.

Opposition Ridings

Ottawa Convention Centre, Ottawa: $50 million, Nov. 15, 2007.

Queen's University Performing Arts Centre, Kingston, Ont.: $15 million, May 13, 2009.

Toronto York Spadina Subway Extension, Toronto: $622 million, March 6, 2007.

Union Station Revitalization, Toronto: $133 million, July 24, 2009.

Sheppard Light Rail Transit, Toronto: $333 million, May 15, 2009.

Highway 69 improvements, Sudbury, Ont.: $35.8 million, May 30, 2009.

Nipigon Wastewater Treatment, Township of Nipigon: $3.45 million, June 15, 2009.

Timmins Wastewater Treatment, Timmins, Ont.: $19.83 million, June 16, 2009.

Red Rock Wastewater Treatment, Township of Red Rock: $4.5 million, June 15, 2009.

Ottawa Combined Sewer Collection, part 1, Ottawa: $9.37 million, June 12, 2009.

Go Transit Package, Greater Toronto Area: $175 million, or 70 per cent assigned to opposition ridings, Feb. 17, 2009.

Huron Elgin London Project Clean Water: $24.99 million, or 50 per cent assigned to opposition ridings, Oct. 15, 2007.

Totals

Projects in Conservative ridings: $436.36 million.

Since January budget: $403.87 million.

Projects in opposition ridings: $1.426 billion.

Since January budget: $753.94 million.

No comments: